The Kalamazoo Mandolin and Guitar Orchestra is issuing a Call for Scores for its 2017‐2018 season.
FIRST PRIZE: $250 and a Premier Performance by the KMGO
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS FEBRUARY 1, 2018
KMGO Call for Scores APPLICATION FOR ENTRY
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
- Must consist of the following make-up: Mandolin 1 (4), Mandolin 2 (9), Mandola (3), Mandocello (3), Contrabass (1), and Guitar (4). Divisi may be used as much as wanted but may not exceed the numbers listed above. Guitars are classical 6-string standard tuned guitars.
- There is no restriction on length of the work.
- The work must NOT make use of any soloists and must use the standard ensemble only as listed above.
- Mandolas are to be scored in treble clef transposing at the octave.
- Scores must be postmarked no later than February 1, 2018
- Application must be included with the submission.
- Please submit one score and one complete set of parts. A CD containing a recording of your work may be included but it is not mandatory. (Midi and mp3 files are acceptable.) Materials will not be returned. DO NOT send originals.
- There is no fee required to enter this contest.
- The applicants will be judged by a four member panel of KMGO members and last year’s winner, Chris Acquavella
- The winner will be notified no later than March 31, 2018
- Premier performance will take place during the 2018 season of the KMGO schedule.
- Winning composition will become a permanent part of the KMGO music library.
Winning composition will be awarded a prize of $250.
Submitted compositions must NOT have been previously performed or published.